Book Idea Continuation...

     If you have not read my previous post "Book Idea", I recommend you visit that before this. Anyways, this will be the first page (s) of my book. I hope you enjoy.

(Jake's perspective)

     I walk the halls of my college school, hoping to possibly pass by one of my friends. It gets lonely not having any classes with them. I keep my thoughts running, until I see my close friend Marco.
"Hey! Where ya headin' to Jake?" Marco screams from down the hall. I don't respond until we are at least two yards from each other so our voices couldn't possibly catch the attention of others. Marco has always been loud and extroverted. Me on the other hand, I prefer to blend into crowds and make sure not to gather the attention of others. It's not like I'm shy, it's just that's how I've lived my life.
     "I was heading back to my dorm room to rest before my next class. You can join if you would like to." I say as I pull my bag over my shoulder.
      "Nah, I was gonna meet up with X-Ander to see how he's been doing... you know since..." He trails off looking at me as if I new what to say next.
     "Well, tell him I say hello." I reply awkwardly.
     "No problem-o."
     We both walk out separate ways and I head for my dorm. I continue down the halls until I reach the stairs, then the front door, then the sidewalk. I go through the path I have practically memorized to reach the dorms. It's a thirty minute walk, but it's better than waiting an hour just to get your car out of the parking lot. I left my car at the driveway of my dorm building anyways. Once I make it to the building, I reach for my keys in my pockets and realize they are gone. I curse under my breath and search through my bag and pockets to make sure I hadn't lost them. Nothing shows me any indication I haven't lost them. I think back to when I had seen them last. Class. I could call Marco, it's not like he's made it out of the parking lot already.
     I reach for my phone and begin to call Marco. The ringing of the phone continues until I drop my phone on the ground. When you hear the expression "my draw dropped" you never believe you could be so shocked to loose control of your jaw, that is until I head the sirens. My ears begin to ring in pain as the sound becomes deafening.
     No. No. It's too early. We had at least four years. I tremble realizing this could be it. Stop it. Now is not the time to think about this stuff, I say to myself. I shake my head coming back to reality and reach for my dropped phone on the ground seeing Marco has already answered the call.
     "Marco-" I begin to start before I'm interrupted.
     "This can't be real Jake. It's not real. I'm dreaming. Jake? What do I do? What do we do?" Marco says frantically as if the world was ending. Well I guess it can be considered the end of the world for us.
     "Contact everyone, we all need to get to the bunker as soon as possible, and Marco, whatever happens do not use your powers."
     "O-okay. I-I-I can do that. I'll meet you at the bunker." His voice shakes, and ends the call.
     I run to my car, remembering my keys are still in class. I can feel my skin warming already and calm myself down before making another action. I close my eyes and count to ten. Once I feel my skin has become regular temperature I break my car window by shoving my shoulder into it. I reach through the broken glass and unlock the car door and sit in the chair. I remember learning how to hot wire a care when I was really young by my mom. She told me you could never know when you might have to use this skill.
     Once I hear the engine start I drive down the street into the ally ways to possibly to reach the bunker faster than the regular traffic packed road...

     To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Idea

Introduction